- Look out for pub deals that provide food for purchase of drink, for example, at Tiger Lounge on Friday 5-7 for the purchase of an alcoholic beverage you receive a free pizza.
- A little short of change? Get a shandy, it looks passable as a pint, will cost less and be more hydrating!
- If you’re going out for lunch and you’re skint, eat your sandwich first, then feign forgetting said lunch was happening (blame academentia) and just get a soft drink (or see above).
- If the pub charges a lot for Coke/Lemonade get a Soda and Cordial as this is usually less than £1 for a pint and sometimes about 50p.
- Follow members of staff to pubs – stick close whilst they’re being served.